Voluntary and Community Sector Consultant
Good grant making is my passion.
With over 25 years’ experience of working with Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations, I have a sound understanding of grant funding in the sector.
I specialise in providing support to trusts and foundations by helping them distribute their funds effectively to the individuals and communities that need it most. My grant making areas of expertise include:
- Devising bespoke criteria, guidelines and application forms proportionate to funds/programmes.
- Developing assessment frameworks.
- Delivering assessor training.
- Assessing applications – exercising robust due diligence and financial checks.
- Facilitating panel meetings.
- Monitoring and evaluation – at project, programme and organisational levels.
- Managing programme budgets.
- Managing high profile funds.
- Providing a full trust administration service.
current and former clients include:
Assessing applications to the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Local Community Fund.
Assessing applications to the Warwickshire County Council Social Impact Fund.
Contracted as Trust Secretary since 2010 to fully administer this trust that distributed grants to small charities in England & Wales.
Freelance External Assessor for Ecominds and Time to Change grant programmes and contracted to support the national Mind Grants Team in developing application guidelines and materials for internal local Minds grant programmes.
Delivering funding advice, bid writing and capacity building support to community groups in Stockton.
Freelance Assessor/Grant Manager for a range of lottery funded capital and revenue programmes (including Building Neighbourhood Nurseries and Local Food).
On a freelance basis since 2001. Most recently contracted in the capacity of Donor Services Manager on the foundation’s £1.4m NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Community Partnership Grants Programme for North East and North Cumbria.
Get in touch
1st Floor, Mile House, Bridge End, Chester le Street, Co. Durham. DH3 3RA.
Phone : 0191 389 3300 or 07979526727
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org